Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Scripture of the Week

"As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God? " Psalm 42: 1-2

Do you thirst for God? I am just going to be honest, and transparent, and let you know- I struggle with this. I truly want to know, love, and honor God more. I want to live my daily life in a manner pleasing to Him. I want to be one of those people that others see and are drawn to the Light shining from inside me. I want all of these things. Then life happens. The day is busy, the kids are sick, the bills come early, the (whatever) breaks down, I'm tired...dang, there are a lot of different obstacles that get thrown in our way, aren't there? During those times--am I thirsting for Jesus?

As a deer pants for water...I love the word pictures the Bible paints. A deer needs water in order to survive--and they are pretty obvious about it, too. I need Jesus in order to survive, no doubt. My encouragement for you all, this week is this: are you being obvious about it? Are you making your time with Jesus a priority? More importantly, are you allowing Jesus to walk with you throughout the day as a constant companion? Deers don't drink once a week. They don't walk away and not give water another thought. They stick close to water sources. Let's stick close to our Source.

Scripture of the Week is a regular feature of A Faith Perspective, the faith based blog and column hosted by Scrapbook News and Review. Come on over and pay us a visit, we would love to meet you!

No comments: