Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Scripture of the Week

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." Gen 1:27

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

One of my all time favorite attributes of God is His creativity. I stand amazed, on a regular basis, that He created the universe in a breath. The infinite diversity, the amazing combinations of elements and beauty. It is simply mind boggling to me! I play at being creative. I love this thing called paper crafting, it gives me a creative outlet and an opportunity to express my heart in a tangible way. Then I look at what God has created, and am blown away at the heart that it reveals.


Of all of creation, of all of the incredible things that God has created, the one things that stands at the center as His most amazing feat would be my clean heart. I know how that yicky old thing started out, and I can promise you this, it was not pretty. Oh, people who know me, or who knew me before I was a Christian would tell you I was a basically good girl, a nice person. So, how bad could it have been, right? Compared to the holy standard God sets, a stinking piece of rotting flesh. Bad, right?

But, God created the world in six days. He rested on the seventh. And a few thousand years later, He sent His Son. The result? One clean heart beating in my chest a few thousand years later. Praise God.

Scripture of the Week is a regular feature of A Faith Perspective. We invite you to check out out new home on the Scrapbook News and Review mainsite.

No comments: