Friday, November 7, 2008

Trust



I did this one for my DT work at Apple Blossom Studio Stamps, and My Sketch World...a two-fer! The sketch is a wonderful Lucy Chesnea sketch- and was a blast to work with---as usual! And the stamps, sigh...I love the stamps. Look at how versatile these are!! In one layout, I have used 3 stamps- the scalloped stamp cut out made the lovely scallops on the top of the journaling area. The journaling block cutout and popped with foam dots added a great decorative touch to this journaling area, as well. Then, the links stamp-simply stamped as normal...added a fun horizontal element to the page. I tapped of spots of ink on the chain stamp before I added it to the page- to give it an uneven vintage/distressed look. I loved the way it turned out!

I snapped this picture a couple of weekends ago, as we were driving down the road to a conference. I immediately thought of this verse- of God making our paths straight. But, if you read the verse...and I mean read it, there is a condition to this promise. We have to TRUST Him. Not my best thing, trust. And, if I am completely honest, I will admit that this is something I struggle with- trusting God. Really trusting Him. Oh, I trust that He came in the form of Jesus, that He died, rose again, and by His grace has saved my soul. But, the day to day, living trust? I confess, sometimes I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to fall...like it is going to well. Or, I find myself thinking that God is almost waiting to 'disciple' me...to teach me some cosmic lesson. Almost as if God enjoys watching me struggle...just so I will lean on Him further...how ridiculous is that?!!

So, I have chosen to combine this verse with another:
"I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to bring you hope and a future." Jer 29:11
Put these 2 verses together...it makes it so much easier to....TRUST!!

No comments: