Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Wow Moment

I wrote this email in Feb 2006, after a difficult time of testing in my faith...this moment was my 'reward', my answer...I just scrapped it, and thought I would share with you all, as well:

I had a 'wow moment', and I wanted to share....I had a 'wow moment', and I NEEDED to get it down, needed a way to remember. So may times in our lives God graciously provides us with 'wow moments'- and we sit amazed...for a moment. Then we get back to our lives, and leave behind the wow. So I am sharing the wow- and hoping that for me, at least, this moment that greatly impacted me- might continue reverberating.

In church the last couple of weeks, we have been talking about the greatness of God. Fredrick Schuller (sp?) has said that "the universe is just one of God's ideas". Too illustrate this, we have learned many interesting facts: The sun is 93 million miles from the earth- and it takes all of 8 minutes for the power of the sun to be felt on our face.... if we wanted to count all of the stars in the Milky Way, and only the Milky Way Galaxy, and we counted 1 star per second- it would take us over 2000 YEARS to count them all.... that light travels 186,000 miles per second- and we live in a universe that requires us to measure distance in light YEARS!

Yesterday, we saw a picture of the Whirlpool Nebula. Astronomers classify this as M51, and it is considered a Grand Design Spiral Galaxy. Now, if that name grabs your attention as fellow Christians- hang on...it gets better.


[M51]







Before I go on, I want you to do me a favor- read this Scripture:

Psalm 19
For the director of music. A psalm of David.
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
4 Their voice [b] goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world...

NIV


Bear with me, one more favor- go back and read it again.....I'll wait.......


OK.....



Now, take a look at what the astronomers found when they pointed the Hubble telescope into the center of that Grand Design Galaxy......






X Structure at Core of M51 Whirlpool Galaxy



"I tell you," He replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Luke 19:39-41 (New International Version)

..... and there is a Cross stamped in the stars ***1100 light years in diameter****!!!!!!

And if that doesn't put a snap in your shorts, consider this: IT was put there BEFORE the first sin- by a loving God that knew we would need a blood soaked hand out of our darkness.


Seriously, say it with me- WOW!!!!!

3 comments:

Dahlia Co said...

WOW!!!! That is so unbelievably amazing knowing that we serve a God who is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow and forever will be... Thank you for sharing such a powerful revelation!

All That Chit Chat said...

God is soooo awesome!!!!

"Kreative Karma" said...

That is amazing Anne! Woohoo!