Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Scripture of the Week

"The Lord is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."

~Psalm 28:7


I confess, this is one of my favorite images of God- my strength and my sheild. Let's face it, you have the Creator of the Universe as your sheild, there is just not much that's going to get through. there are other verses in the Bible that refer to God as "going before me, and my rear guard". Again, these are great images- God is here. He is in control. When allowed to be in control, when trusted, there is nothing that can stand against Him. Now, if that's not something to give thanks for, I don't know what is!

Scripture of the Week is a regular feature of A Faith PErspective- the faithbooking blog hosted by Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Join us!

No comments: